CREDIT CARD ONLINE AGREEMENT
Effective: January 11, 2018
This agreement is a contract that establishes the rules covering access to, and transactions performed through, Credit Card Online for your credit card account(s) with Vermont State Employees Credit Union (“VSECU”). In this Agreement, the words “you,” “your,” and “yours” mean those who request and use the service, including any joint owners or any person authorized to use your services. The words “we,” “us,” and “our” mean VSECU. Please read this agreement because it tells you your rights and obligations. You must have the ability to access this agreement electronically and download or print it to retain this information for future reference.
The terms and conditions of the agreements and disclosures for each of your credit card account(s) continue to apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement.
Your enrollment in, access to, or use of Credit Card Online constitutes your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Accessing the Service: You may access Credit Card Online through Online Banking at www.vsecu.com. For Consumers: Once signed into Online Banking, click on your credit card account. For Businesses: Once signed into Online Banking, click on Credit Card Online and enter your credit card number and click to enroll. Once you agree to this document you will be able to access your credit card information.
General Security: You understand the importance of your role in preventing misuse of your account and you agree to promptly examine your credit card statement as soon as you receive it. You agree to protect the confidentiality of your account(s) and account number(s), and your personal identification information. If you suspect that your password has been compromised, you agree to access the system and change it, or contact us as soon as possible.
System Requirements: To receive documents electronically you will need:
- An active e-mail account.
- A personal computer or other device which is capable of accessing the Internet.
- An active Internet Service Provider.
- An Internet Web Browser with capabilities to support a minimum 128-bit encryption.
- Pop-up blockers disabled, or disabled for our sites (document and inactivity warnings occur via pop-ups).
- A printer or other device capable of printing and/or retaining agreements and documents.
- Software which permits you to receive and access Portable Document Format (PDF) files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader® (you will need one of the last three versions.) Adobe Acrobat is free software available at www.adobe.com.
Password Security: Your Online Banking User ID and Password are confidential information that should be known only by you. If anyone contacts you and requests this information, contact us immediately at 802/800 371-5162.
You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your User ID and Password. Here are some suggestions for maintaining its secrecy:
- Memorize your password and never write it down;
- Try to use random numbers and letters for your password;
- Avoid using a password that could be easily guessed by others (your name, your phone number, your date of birth, etc.);
- Change your password on a regular basis. VSECU recommends changing your password at least every 180 calendar days;
- Always log out of Credit Card Online and Online Banking before leaving your computer unattended;
- Do not instruct Windows to save your password; and
- Change your password immediately if you believe it has been compromised.
Password Requirements for Consumer Users: Access to Credit Card Online does not require a separate User ID and Password. You are allowed to access Credit Card eStatements by single sign on using your Online Banking User ID and Password. Your password requirements within Online Banking are:
- Minimum – 8 characters
- Maximum – 15 characters
- Password Expiration – VSECU requires you to change your password at least every 180 calendar days. The system will automatically prompt you to change your password at that time.
- Password Algorithm – Both alpha and numeric (at least one letter and one number) characters are required within the password.
Password Requirements for Business Users: For security reasons, we will require the use of an individualized user name and password to gain access to your account through Credit Card Online. Your password requirements are:
- Minimum - 7 characters
- Must contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase
- Must contain at least on number (0-9)
- Must contain at least one symbol
E-mail Security: We employ all reasonable means to secure e-mail communications. With this Agreement however, you acknowledge that the Internet is considered inherently insecure. You agree that we have no liability to you whatsoever for any loss, claim, or damages related to the failure of any electronic communication as a result of circumstances outside of our reasonable control. We have no duty to investigate the validity, or to verify any e-mail communication that we, in good faith, believe you have submitted to us. We may respond to an e-mail address you provide us in your Credit Card Online or Online Banking application, or any other application or written communication actually received by us. Although we have no obligation to do so, we reserve the right to require authentication of e-mails or electronic communications. The decision to require authentication is the sole discretion of VSECU. We will have no obligation, liability or responsibility to you or any other person or company if we do not act upon, or follow any instruction to us if a communication cannot be authenticated to our satisfaction.
Liability: You are liable for all transactions you make, or that you authorize another person to make, even if that person exceeds his or her authority. You will be responsible for any credit card payment request you make that contains and error, or is a duplicate of another credit card payment. We are not responsible for a credit card payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a credit card payment.
We are not responsible for your acts or omissions, or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be our agent. We will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this Agreement or the Credit Card Online service, even if we have knowledge of the possibility of them. We are not liable for any act, failure to act, or delay in acting, if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
Contact Information: If you need to contact us, use one of the following methods:
- E-mail: You can contact us by secure e-mail through the Messages function within Online Banking, or at email@example.com (not a secure e-mail). Any messages containing personal or confidential account information will be sent to the e-mail address you provide.
- Telephone: 802/800 371-5162 to speak to a Member Service Consultant
- Postal mail: VSECU, Attn: e-Branch Services, One Bailey Avenue, PO Box 67, Montpelier, VT 05601-0067.
Updating Your Personal Information: You are responsible for keeping your e-mail address updated. You should keep us informed of any changes in your telephone number, mailing address, or e-mail address by contacting us using one of the methods listed under “Contact Information” above.
Amendment and Termination: We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown on our records, posting notice in our branch offices, or as otherwise permitted by law.
We have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to us. This notice can be delivered to us using one of the methods under “Contact Information” above.
Acceptance of Credit Card Online Agreement and Consent to Receive Electronic Copies of Documents
Submission of this agreement constitutes your written signature and consent to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, and to receive applicable documents for any electronic service you are enrolling in with us. If you cancel out of the process, your enrollment in this electronic service will be discontinued.